Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pizza Art

The former Ruben's Empanadas in the East Village (formerly Caprice Curls beauty salon), as we know, shuttered suddenly last month and will soon be taken over by its new neighbor South Brooklyn Pizza (formerly Cosmos Parcels, almost Rokara Cafe).



...today and yesterday...


detail from a photo by Jim & Karla Murray

Until the pizza place expands, the walls have been painted white and covered with art. It's a temporary gallery curated, I presume, by the pizza guys.



But if you want to get in, you have to be hanging around in the "woo" hours of the night, between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m.

2 comments:

EV Grieve said...

Hmmm... I still haven't tried this pizza. I rather liked Ruben's. Was sorry to see them go.

Jill said...

Oh I forgot about that Cosmos Parcels sign, which hasn't even been gone that long. I love those little surprises photos, thanks!